alyssumblog

alyssumblog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

NVM Gonzalez Writing Workshop

The whole weekend of July 1-3 was a gift.  Peter Bacho's presence is so big, yet so unassuming, so... Generous.  I loved the simple honesty of each of the participants.  I knew no one, yet I instantly trusted each one.  Still do.

Even though I've been writing for several years, and publishing here and there, I was inspired -by this very workshop- to finally begin sharing my work more publicly.  Michael Gonzalez enlightened me about the mind one has when posting work on a blog.  Unlike journaling, when you are reflecting back to yourself, blogging sets more the intention of communicating with/ benefiting others he said.

So here I am.  Being somewhat reclusive, I was not willing to name my blogsite after myself.  On a coastside walk one day where white alyssum's delicate honey fragrance met with elemental ocean breeze, the perfect, timely name presented itself:  Alyssum...A/Lyss/Um.  My initials! L/S/M.   

LSM inspired by NVM.

So here I am.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! Now I know where the name comes from...and I am so excited to be the FIRST follower!!! LB, I'm so eager to see what I'll be reading next. You never cease to amaze me. You are such an inspiration and I wish you all the best. XO SB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, SB. You are so dear to me. Our friendship, so long and precious, inspires me. Love, LB

    ReplyDelete